Monday, August 10, 2009

"Where Has the Time Gone"

"Where Has the Time Gone" is the presentation heard recently at the Pacific Northwest Writer's Conference. It is also the title of a new series of essays written by me--Kimberly Ann Freel. I am a popular fiction writer with three published titles, but I'm also the mother of four young children, I work two part-time jobs, and I enjoy cooking, gardening, and canning. Oh, yes, and did I mention that I'm a writer? Writing, for busy people, is sometimes a juggling act. But, we must do it, because we are passionate about it. (Believe me, nobody wants to be around me if my tiny inner writer is being stifled. She screams and she hits and I come out bruised--it makes me cranky!)


So this blog is about sharing tips, wisdom, and tales of mirth, because while it's not funny to be a creative person in a microwave society, who can help but laugh at all of those razor-sharp balls we've tossed in the air. Juggling like this, folks, is not for the faint of heart.


Please join me often for insight, real suggestions on how to make more time in your life for writing. If it also makes you smile, well then, you just might come back for more.


LESSON #1: GOAL-SETTING: We'll definitely spend more time on this, so visit again for more training.


Instead of saying: I want a drop-dead body and shiny hair


Try framing your goal in a more achievable light: I will look good in a bikini by June 15th.


Who sees the differences in these two statements? Stay tuned for the next installment when I'll explain the difference.
In the meantime, for more on fiction from Kimberly Ann Freel, please visit www.kimfreel.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment